The project intends to promote an action aiming at helping the social partners and actors involved in the European Works Councils of Campofrìo and Conserve Italia at company level to handle the contents of EU law on transnational employee involvement and enabling them to exercise their rights and their duties in this regard in order to face the main critical issues that concern the European food industry towards the Europe 2020 strategy (smart, sustainable, inclusive growth).
The activities of the project will allow to achieve the following specific objectives:
- promote a joint participation action between employers and workers involved in European Works Councils;
- implement an innovative training action to improve the knowledge, ability and capability the social partners and actors at company level with the content of EU law on transnational employee involvement and to enable them to exercise their rights and their duties in this regard;
- increase the level of knowledge and awareness of employers and workers involved in European Works Councils on main strategic key points related to the European food industry future development;
- test innovative measures for the implementation of information, consultation and participation actions for representatives of undertakings in order to set a list of common best practices;
- promote an exchange of views between employers and workers involved in European Works Councils and European Union institutions (European Commission’s Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry, European Commission’s Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion) in order to strengthen their cooperation;
- promote an operation with genuine transnational dimension with the involvement of representatives of European sectorial trade union (EFFAT) and other national sectorial trade unions;
- identify, as a contribution to “Fitness check” on EU acts in the area of Information and Consultation of Workers, the strengths and weaknesses in the implementation of European Works Council in food industry and supply a set of best practices in other sectors.